Food for Thoughts

Expectation

Many people say it's difficult to work for a friend, or work with a friend in the same company. Colleagues can become friends, and sometimes, good friends; but many a time, friends, after working together, become enemies. The same goes with business dealing. The same goes with family members. Well, I think, it's because of unmet expectation, and taking advantage.
We tend to place lots of "should" to people that we are close to. They should understand, they should do this, they should help me, they should give business deals to me, they should...the list is endless. When all these "should"s involve money, the tension is even greater.
Loyalty vs being taken advantage & betrayal; helpful vs demanding expectation; friendship vs professionalism; simple heart vs secret agenda..
The boundary can be grey.....well, can only follow my conscience...so long my conscience is clear, and my heart is peaceful. Steer away from those demanding expectation at an appropriate time, and confront where necessary. I have to admit it's easier to say and do it.

0 comments: