Food for Thoughts

Whom do You Believe?

It's been a while since I last blogged. Busy schedules, busy deadlines, not to mention challenges, and yes, stress. Like swimming in choppy sea, out towards the deep sea. No knowing what lies ahead. Not knowing what likes underneath either.

But through all these, I felt being challenged as to whom/what do I believe? My past experience? My talents? My colleagues? My friends? My circumstances? No. I felt God wants me to believe and trust in Him. Total trust. Despite my feelings and negative thoughts, unfavourable circumstances. Being a melancholics, I want to be in control in some ways. But, there are times, I realise, to let go is better. Be it unforgiveness. Be it pride. Be it fear. Be it shame.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. The world tells you, "You need to see it to believe it". But God says, "Only as you believe it will you ever see it". Yeah, sometimes we limit ourselves by looking at ourselves, but God wants us to live with faith and expectancy, not our small thinking. We don't need to figure out things/ how to solve problems, and wonder how God will bring to pass. Our job is to be a believer. If we can see the invisible, God will do the impossible. [Quote form Joel Osteen "Your Best Life Now"]

So, start to believe that you are an overcomer in Christ, because God said so. Start to believe that He who begins the good work in you will bring to completion, because He said so. Start to believe all things work together for those who love Him, because He said so. It doesn't mean less troubles/ opposition, but you know you have Him throughout. He is trustworthy and praiseworthy.

0 comments: